Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

Julie / Julia

The first time I saw "Julie & Julia," I fell in love. Julia Child does that to you. Or at least Meryl Streep does that to you in the way she portrays her. And several of my friends tell me that I am just like Julie Powell as she is portrayed in the movie. I take this as a huge compliment. To make a long and sentimental story short, I have become obsessed. I call this the Julia Effect.

Anyway, an old friend of mine, Melanie, has also experienced the Julia Effect. And she actually went to the trouble of finding Julie Powell's old food blog from 2002. I've been reading it... it's like watching the movie in REAL LIFE. I. love. it.

I am posting the link to this blog below so you can enjoy it too. I just love her thoughts on so many things. Most of all, I love that she's just trying to figure out what works for her and she graciously allows her readers into that process. And even when things don't go her way, she still figures out a way to deal with it and be ok. I so get that. Adulthood is a tricky thing to navigate. But don't just take my word. Read it for yourself:

http://blogs.salon.com/0001399/2002/08/25.html

No comments:

Post a Comment